Don't miss a thing!
You will receive an occasional email from me to keep you updated on all the happenings. Thanks!
Today is National Pineapple Day! Pineapple is not only tasty, it’s super healthy for you. Here are some ways that pineapple rocks for our bodies:
- Rich in Vitamin C
- May aid in enhancing weight loss
- Has been shown to aid in digestion for some folks
- Promotes healthy bones
- Jam packed with disease-fighting antioxidants
- Those antioxidants include cancer-fighting properties
- Fits beautifully into an anti-inflammatory diet
- Can give a great boost to the immune system
Source: Everyday Health
How to Celebrate National Pineapple Day?
I LOVE pineapple! It’s sweet yet tangy, tart but not. I like it juiced, cooked, raw…it’s so yummy!
- By the slice
- Diced up
- Dipped in dark chocolate
- In a fruit bouquet
- On a pizza (this one is controversial)
- soaked in Malibu Rum (not child appropriate)
- Upside down in a cake
- Right side up in a baked goods
- With maraschino cherries
- In a pina colada
- Don’t forget the rum runner
- In a shake
- In a smoothie
- As a garnish
- The list goes on and on!
Pineapple recipes abound. All you have to do is consult the Google or the Pinterest. You’ll find more than you can use in a lifetime!
Fun fact, my mother made the yummiest pineapple upside-down cake. She made it in her iron skillet, layering all the good stuff. Then she baked it to perfection. She wasn’t the best cook, but that woman could bake a cake! I always loved her pineapple upside-down cake and never got the recipe.
I often look for dehydrated papaya and pineapple when I have an upset stomach. Something about the enzymes works for me. That’s a trick I learned as a teenager when I was having a lot of tummy issues. Plus, it’s yummers! Hmmmm, maybe I should add frozen pineapple to my protein shakes!
Visit my Facebook page and tell me, how are you going to celebrate National Pineapple Day?